Why Choose a Which? Trusted Trader?
For us homeowners, our home is a special, almost sacred place. It’s where we raise our children, where we eat and sleep; It’s where we spend most of our lives. And this makes it an incredibly special space.
The last thing we want is someone who is unprofessional, and inconsiderate inside our home, and unfortunately, nowadays, it’s hard to be sure just what kind of person you’re getting when you hire a trader.
At the same time we don’t want to be spending hours at a time finding the perfect, respectable and trust worthy trader for a job. Luckily, Which?, the leading independent review company has created the ‘gold standard’ that traders must meet, before being accredited as a Trusted Trader. This is great for homeowners because you can now be sure you’re getting the most skilled, professional and respectful traders in your area.
Why a Which? Trusted trader is a great choice
Choose a Which? Trusted Trader and you can be sure you’re in safe hands. Trusted Traders are used by more than 1 million people each year who are looking for the best trade businesses in their area Which started out by testing consumer products, like washing machines, cars and power tools.
Which raise awareness for consumer rights and offer impartial advice. All which trusted traders are required to go through a rigorous 6 step examination to ensure they meet the independent, not-for-profit’s high standards.
- Credit check – Validate the financial health and stability of the business.
- References – Customer reference checks, chosen at random by the Which? team
- Business procedures – A thorough examination of business and administrative procedures.
- Interview and assessment – In person interview by a Which? Trusted Traders assessor.
- Code of Conduct – The business agrees to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Endorsed trader – The trader now finally becomes an endorsed Which? Trusted trader.