How not to get ripped off by a tradesman
At Hassle Free Boilers we make a point of only working with the most skilful, trustworthy and respectful engineers, who are always based locally to you. We always stress to them that it is of upmost importance to respect the customer and their home, and leave it in a crisp and tidy state when their job there is done. That’s probably one of the many reasons we have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. However, we appreciate that not everyone will use Hassle Free Boilers, and we know that there’s nothing worse than trusting a complete stranger to come into the secure comfort of your home to do a job, only to have them dupe you. So we have decided to compile a little list of things that are important to remember when trusting a tradesman to come into their home to keep you safe from a scam.
- Check ID: This is probably the most important thing to do before letting anyone you don’t know into your home. Make sure the tradesman is who he claims to be, is part of a reputable company and is gas-safe registered. All of these are important factors in making sure you get a job well done and, more importantly, done to a safe standard.
- Ensure the company guarantees their work: Checking ID means you have a short term assurance, but what about the long term? Well, going with a smaller company means that they will rarely guarantee the work that they do: they will come in, do their job, leave, and then you are on your own. Whereas if you go with a company like Hassle Free Boilers, you have a lifetime guarantee on the work and boiler we installed, meaning you will never have to worry about massive breakdown costs again.
- Cheapest is never best: We all want to save money where we can, but you are asking for trouble by going for the very cheapest tradesman possible. Not only will the work that they do end up costing you in repairs and maintenance, it probably won’t even be safe.
- Check the company out: One of the many things that the internet has given us is that we can see what other customers have thought of a product or service before we use it, so make sure you use it, especially when it comes to something as important as a new boiler or trusting a tradesman. Companies like www.review.co.uk, CheckaTrade and Which? are all excellent for this.
- Pay by card and get an invoice: You shouldn’t have to ask a reputable tradesman for an invoice, but if they don’t offer you one make sure you insist that they give you one. There is nothing wrong with paying by card but paying by card also means you have proof of the transaction.
- Don’t pay in advance: Only pay once the whole job has been completed and you are happy with what you see.
If you take all of these factors into consideration you should come away happy from your experience with your tradesman.
Alternatively, feel free to contact Hassle Free Boilers for a free, no obligation, quote on how much having your older boiler replaced with one of our high efficiency, top of the range, models at no upfront, cost could save you. We cover all breakdowns, are on call 24/7, 365 days a year and do guaranteed same day repairs if contacted before 10am. Plus, as mentioned earlier, only work with the most trusted and upstanding engineers.
Post a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *