Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Cut Corners With Boiler Maintenance
Carbon monoxide poisoning is one of the horrible possibilities of a poorly maintained boiler and heating system.
That’s one of the reasons that at Hassle Free Boilers we’re so adamant about having the best engineers in the country and maintaining your Hassle Free Boiler to such a high standard.
All of our maintenance comes included within the pay monthly package so will never have to worry about calling out an independent gas engineer, who might not have your best interests at heart.
With Hassle Free Boilers it’s our biggest priority to maintain your heating system to the highest standard. Have a look at the infographic below to find out more about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Each year in England and Wales
- 4000 people are admitted to A&E with carbon monoxide poisoning
- 200 people are hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning
- Around 50 die as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning
Carbon Monoxide has:
- No Colour
- No Taste
- No Smell
How does carbon monoxide poisoning kill?
Carbon monoxide binds itself to the haemoglobin in your blood, preventing it from transporting oxygen around your body.
More than 62% of UK homes do not have a carbon monoxide alarm…
That’s 16.3 million homes in the UK! Almost 1/4 of people have never had their appliances checked for gas safety.
It is known as the silent killer.
The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and breathlessness
- Lack of consciousness
- Tiredness and confusion
What to do if you experience these symptoms…
- Turn off all appliances
- Open all windows and doors
- Seek fresh air immediately
- See a doctor or get yourself checked-out at a hospital
- Call the gas safety advice line on 0800 300363
- Book a gas safety check with a gas registered engineer
Know the signs:
- Soot or staining around your appliances
- Excessive condensation inside your home
- Gas appliances that burn with a lazy yellow or orange flame